There's not much news to report really. I spent my last day in San Francisco doing touristy things like taking a boat tour and going to the Aquarium. Apparently I'm like a local now because I took my first cable car ride where it was so full that I was literally pressed up against the glass for the 20 minute ride (imagine being squished in a sardine can while rolling up and down very steep hills... not pleasant).
So more trip highlights:
- The up-close view while going under the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Petting a bat ray at the aquarium.
- Watching a crazy homeless man scare the bejesus out of people at a San Francisco Marina. He was dressed in army fatigues and squatting behind 2 big bushy tree branches he was holding in his hands, sitting on the sidewalk posing as decorative foliage. As people walked by, he would suddenly jump up out of the branches and yell at them. Yes, it was really actually very scary (and kind of funny).
- The man sitting beside me on the overnight flight from San Fran to Miami snoring LOUDLY the entire flight (so I got no sleep).
Apparently Mel wants me to catch some Havana Festival thingie on Sunday, so I'm sure there will be much more excitement to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment