At the beginning of the winter I had 2 pairs of mitts and for Christmas I got one pair of nice suede driving gloves. So I should have been more than well-equipped for the cold weather months, right?
A few weeks ago I dropped by the Winners in town wearing one of my pairs of mitts. As I was leaving, I realized that I no longer had the mitts on me - I can only assume that I took them off and put them down somewhere and then forgot to pick them up again. No one turned them in, so that's one pair down.
This past week I was in Ottawa and I brought my other remaining pair of mitts with me. I ended up going shopping at the Rideau Centre, and as I was leaving my last store, I realized that my mitts were not on me. Yet again, I assume that I took them off somewhere while trying something on, and forgot to pick them up again. So I was left mittenless. Luckily I was in a shopping mall and all winter stuff is on sale, so I bought a new (not as good) pair of fleece mitts so my hands wouldn't freeze.
On Saturday, on the way out of Ottawa I stopped by Ikea to check it out. With my brand new mittens. Which I promptly put down somewhere and forgot about and lost. Again.
I am somewhat embarassed that I am singlehandedly supporting the mitten industry with my absentmindedness. Apparently shopping is so enthralling and mesmerizing that I lose touch with physical reality. It's a wonder I've never lost my purse or jacket amid the smells of commerce. Now that I know my weakness, I've decided that I'm not allowed to bring mittens with me while I'm doing any shopping of any kind so I don't end up spending hundreds of dollars replacing lost mitties.
Monday, February 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment