I just ran out to grab coffee and a bagel (at Common Ground for those of you in the know) and was patiently waiting for my bagel to be prepared. There was the usual exam crowd there - 20-something girls in the not-so-latest nouveau-80s look-at-me-it's-spring wear and 20-something guys checking them out. This one girl received her order (imagine high messy ponytail, stylish shades, flipflops, iPod, designer jeans) and instead of walking around the crowd, she decides it makes much more sense to push me out of the way to get out. The bitch literally pushes me out of the way! [Don't make short jokes because I actually was taller than this one] While I can handle the shoving, she threw me off balance so I had to step back - right onto the flip-flopped foot of the girl pressed up behind me.
There was no "excuse me", no eye contact, no "sorry", just blatant rudeness. And it made me maim the girl behind me! I apologized a gazillion times of course.
I can't help but wonder if there something wrong with some of these girls... Is there some unwritten rule that says if you think you're pretty and/or cutesie then you don't need to worry about inconveniencing (in my case pushing and maiming) other people around you?
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment