Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's contagious!

The new term I can't stop using: JFS

I was out a couple of weeks ago with Emily and some of her grad friends and got pulled into this conversation about JFS. One of the girls has taught some Art History courses and was talking about some of her students, and kept using this "JFS" term. I asked about it, and it's a term she coined as a name for all of those typical Queen's girls.

"Well there are these girls in my class who talk like this..."[imagine valley girl speak]
"High ponytail? Designer sweatsuits?"
"YES! Juicy!"
"Designer purses? Ipod?"
"YES you know her! JFS! Jen from Soc!"

So there's this whole group of grad students who refer to spoiled Queen's girls as Jen from Sociology. I must admit it made me laugh for a LONG time because it's SO TRUE! They also use TFK (Todd from Kines) as the generic JFS boyfriend, but I personally think SFP (Scott from PhysEd) would be more appropriate.

Now it's a few weeks later and I cannot stop it with the JFS! Everytime I see one on the street, I catch myself saying "oh JFS" in my head. They're fewer and far between now that it's spring/summer, but I can only imagine what it would be like come September...

No comments: