Yesterday evening started off well at the Toucan with some cheers and beers. Then some people wanted to go somewhere else: karaoke night! I finally relented and went with them to Tirnanog's weekly karaoke night for the first time. It could not have been a more abnormal first experience of the event. The rundown:
- I was not drunk enough.
- It was an RMC night and the bar was crawling with military students (who also do really bad yelly karaoke).
- The Antiques Roadshow crew were there (who also do in tune yelly karaoke).
- There was a brawl on the floor (presumably between RMC guys) at one point that was pretty intense. The weird part about this was the juxtaposition between an Antiques Roadshow guy singing Johnny Cash or something like that and the pulsating fight on the floor, complete with smashing glass and splashing beer.
- A girl flashed me (accidentally) while fanning out her skirt ( a casualty of the brawl).
- My drunken friends actually prepared a schtick to go along with their rendition of Hey Jude (which was intune but quite yelly once the na-na-nas kick in).
- I had to endure 2 hours of tone deaf torture until my friends finally got their turn to sing their song.
I'm glad I went, and I'll probably go again, but I definitely don't think I'm ready to join the regulars. How can I compete with an RMC girl who has her weekly version of Piano Man down? Or the boy/girl duo who act out Summer Nights a la Grease? I can't compete!
Friday, May 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment