The other night I was over at Jeremy's and dozing off in front of the TV when some piercing screams in the hallway woke me up. We snuck looks out the peephole into the hallway and this is what we saw - 2 women freaking out and a bat swooping up and down around the hallway. Now this progressed to some more screaming, one of the women got a broom and started swiping at the thing like you would a fly. Of course this was hysterical to watch. Eventually I asked Jeremy to call his building's after-hours number to ask if someone could come and take care of the thing since I was more afraid that the women would hurt themselves than the bat.
Ok so fast-forward 2 days. I was sitting quietly at work this morning when Jeremy called me. He was in the front entrance of his building and opened a door into the 1st-floor hallway, not realizing he was disturbing a sleeping bat on the inside hinge of the door. The thing made a noise and fluttered against his leg and was swooping toward his head. He managed to rush into the stairwell to get away and again call his building people to come and take care of it.
I fucking HATE bats!!! I feel like if those 2 women had called in the first place instead of swatting at the thing and ushering it to god-knows-wherelse in the building then this would all be resolved. Bats are one of my least favourite things in the world (following the incident 3 years ago where I woke up at 4am to find a bat swooping around my bedroom) and I'm getting the icks just thinking about them crawling around...
Friday, August 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment