Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Oh Michael

So I awaited Off The Record on TSN yesterday all day in breathless anticipation to watch Pete Elkas and hopefully catch a funny or two. Jeremy and I started watching, and in the first 2 minutes, here's what gave me a laugh (or a close approximation to what gave me a laugh):

Michael Landsberg - And we have here Peter Elkas who has just released his first solo full length album, Party of One. He's been busy touring with big acts like Sam Roberts, and really [turning to Pete], people might have trouble telling you two apart! Anyway, he's been touring with the likes of Sam Roberts and Ron Sexsmith. Welcome!

Pete Elkas - Thanks. Actually sometimes I go by Rob Samberts.

[Insert silence here. Where silence = no one on the show laughs, but Jeremy and I are having a serious giggle.]

Michael - ...All right! And over here we have...

I can't believe not one of the 4 people on the show laughed at Rob Samberts! I've heard the pseudonym before, but it was funnier hearing it out loud. It highlighted for me why I never laugh at Michael Landsberg's comments - he needs to work on his sense of humour. Lots. According to Pete's blog, he's gotten a lot of Sam Roberts comparisons since they toured, and it's gotten quite old - leave it to Michael to state the obvious, and to make some commentary to one of his panelists that has been heard a gazillion times before.

No comments: