Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Oh Travis

So after Marcus and I have performed at two somewhat successful open mics (1: I Am the Cancer/Sloan, Dust In the Wind/Kansas, Heart of Gold/Neil Young; 2. My Oh My/David Gray, How Can You Be Sure/Radiohead, The Other Side/David Gray) we are stepping it up a wee bit. Thus far I've played the role of a backup singer type, but now we've enlisted Julian to come with us and I'm actually going to play keyboard and sing backups. Woo! I'm kind of nervous about the thought, but it's way cooler than just sitting there and singing.

Today I've just been trying to remember chords and figure out how to play and sing at the same time. The three of us seem to be leaning toward doing a whole bunch of Travis, which would make me quite happy. I guess we'll see what I can manage to learn in the next 3 days....

[Unrelated Update: I'm considering giving the spot in my top 3 that was recently vacated by Jason Lee, to maybe Jude Law... ]

No comments: