Déjà vu.
Spellbound has been on my list of movies to see for the last couple of months. I don't know why I never got a chance to see it before, but I finally did last night. It was definitely my kind of movie (as most people told me it was).
Here's the weird [scary?] part about me watching the movie. I kind of thought one of the kids looked a bit familiar. But I didn't really think much of it. The film eventually progressed to the National Spelling Bee portion that is broadcast live on ESPN. At that point, I thought "Hey, all of these kids look really familiar." Then it got to the point where I recognized the words they were being asked to spell. I watched that Spelling Bee with my parents in 1999!!! It's the only one I remember watching, but I think it's so bizarre that the one that I watched was the one in Spellbound. How geeky am I?
I did really enjoy it, and I guess some of my friends were right in thinking I would. Because I'd already seen the real-life broadcast of the Bee before! Yikes.
Sunday, May 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment