I'm sitting at my desk, attempting to work, but I'm thwarted by the sunny day outside my window that keeps mocking me, and the quiet in my building because everyone takes off early on Friday and my enthralling chat with Anne on MSN for a while..... I can't get motivated to do anything!
I think part of it is me hitting my wall. I went to see the Unicorns with Controller.Controller last night, and it was soooooooooooooo long and late, even though Rob and I didn't stay for the whole thing. I was pretty tired this morning, but then I hit a good productivity stride for most of the morning. Now I'm kind of zoning out and having trouble processing what I'm doing. What I should do is pull a Costanza and put a mattress under my desk for napping.
Last night's highlight reel: Fred Eaglesmith played, who Rob and I do not know, but apparently he is the cat's pajamas for a large number of people; drunken girl playing pool and almost poking Fred Eaglesmith merch girl in the arse with her pool stick; Elixir's small-town-Ontario type feel, enhanced by the Ironhorse-like-drunken crowd and Peterborough CBC TV feed (no offense Rob); Controller.Controller likable music, although the lead singer should not wear pointy-toed stiletto boots if it hinders her dancing; Unicorns good music accompanied by assy (and drunk? high?) colour commentary; Sam Roberts hanging out in a Kingston bar. Rob made a more detailed summary of the evening. But holy cricket it was one of the odder nights I've had out. I can't count how many times I said "What?!?" in reaction to something or someone weird who passed in our field of view.
And now, I nap. Or zone out at my desk.
Friday, May 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment