Pages

Friday, July 16, 2004

Oh so tired

Last night I went to the sold-out Weakerthans show at the Elixir with some people (and I bumped into a lot of unexpected people there too). They were brilliant as usual, I won't go into details, except to say that Rob missed another cameo by his girlfriend Sarah Harmer... ha. I'm a little weary of the show-goers who constantly yell out "ONE! GREAT! CITY!" but I guess some people really love to hate Winnipeg.
 
Highlights (good and bad):
  • Rock Crew's tickets advertised "The Weaker Thans" at the Elixir. Eep. Not surprising, just disappointing.
  • Jeremy and I got to stand outside in line behind some smoking-pot-in-line underagers. I wish I was as cool as them. Oh wait.
  • I've heard more about Jim Guthrie than about Raising the Fawn, and I enjoyed Raising the Fawn way more. They're working on an interesting sound.
  • I found... the Bouncer Box! I got to stand relatively close to the front on top of a step that bouncers normally use. I could see!!! No neck craning for me!
  • There was a whirly-wind duet (the spinny tube things). It was pretty awesome - spinning the tube can apparently be quite skillful.
  • Cheryl's tank-top twin
  • Cheryl's big beer. Derek took this picture, which, if you look, features Cheryl's big beer and apparent Asian flush. I didn't think there was any Asian flush, but looking at the photographic evidence, I don't see how I could have missed it!

I guess that's all for me to tell. With 2 opening bands, I ended up getting to bed a little after 2:00am. Yay for working at 8:30am! (Yay = Boo)


No comments: