Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2004

WTF?!?

Last night I was lazy and decided to get some sort of take out/order in food. Last week Nadia made me try Cambodian Village for the first time and I thought it was really yummy so I thought last night I could just get that since it's relatively close to my house. So Jeremy and I ordered (I ordered the exact same dish as last week). About 3 mins later someone called back to clarify whether or not one of us had a peanut allergy. Ok so apparently, the guy on the phone claims that the dish that I got has peanuts IN THE SAUCE!!! My reaction: Uhhhh.... I'm pretty sure I would notice if there were peanuts in the sauce. The guy was insistent so we just cancelled. But seriously, I have a fairly sensitive smelling sense when it comes to anything nutty, even the smell of some nuts can give me hives sometimes, and I've been allergic to nuts since I was 5!!! In summary, I'm now boycotting Cambodian Village because I was really hungry and it made me very cranky to not get fed what I wanted.

In other news, in a move that's not some sort of shameless self-promotion, I have created a wish list on Amazon.ca in honour of my upcoming birthday (also Xmas) in hopes that people (you know who you are!!!) who might be thinking of getting me something like a granny sweater, charm bracelet for 8-year-olds or a box of exotic nutty chocolates might get some more safe ideas of what they could get me (you can search on my first name last name): http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/registry/wishlist/ref=cs_nav_top_wl/702-6208731-1128842

I'm not saying that people give me bad gifts, I'm just saying that I think people sometimes forget who I am (i.e. a 25-year-old-to-be woman who has a nut allergy and relatively good taste).

No comments: