Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Yay for not sold out

I went to pick up my Hayden tickets yesterday at Sunrise downtown finally. I had ordered them on Ticketmaster at the end of last week but it apparently takes 2 days or something to process the order before you can pick up. This would have been useful information to me before Friday night when I went by to pick up the tickets unsuccessfully, but of course it didn't say anything like that in the "Confirmation" screen on the Ticketmaster Website.

Anyway, there was this teenage boy working the counter and I asked if I could get tickets I ordered. I gave him all the necessary stuff, and he was plugging away, then he said "You're going to see Hayden?!?" There was this surprised incredulous tone in his voice, accompanied by some sort of judgemental look on his face that made me wonder if there was something wrong with my face. I said "Yup" and he said "Cool." The original look on his face was replaced by a semi-impressed expression and nodding. This little interchange made me wonder: Is it so surprising that I am going to see Hayden? I can't explain it, but because of his reactions, I really think this boy initially thought I was either too old/mature or too square.

I would normally undertake some sort of analysis of the crowd at the show, but I'm going to that Saturday afternoon one in Toronto, so I imagine the crowd won't be representative of an average group in attendance at a Hayden show. I'll have to wait for the next one to make my conclusion I guess.

No comments: